9.01.2017

Be Square



 So good it's Monday and we can start a new SSS Monday Challenge!


As every week our DT Girls are inspiring you to join us in the fun.
Be sure to check what they have come up with today!
This week we'd like you to BE SQUARE.
You can make a square box, an album, a card, use anything square, etc.

As always you could be a lucky winner of a $50 voucher and spend it 
at the greatest Simon Says Stamp Store 


Since all my cards are 6x6'' format so the task wasn't complicated.
But I decided to go further and add another squares to my project.
I used the Grungy Grid stencil and Stitched Squares die.
Let's take a look at some close ups:


First I took a Prima Traveler piece of paper, distressed the edges 
with Distress Ink Gathered Twigs and applied Black Gesso 
through Prima Grungy Grid stencil and let it dry. 


The Neenah paper was embossed with Blueprint Folder (thanks, Sandra!), painted with Distress Paint Antique Linen, Distress Spray Ground Espresso, Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Gathered Twigs, Black Soot and finally 


with Black Jet Archival Ink (thanks again, Sandra!), watercolored 
with Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Gathered Twigs
Hickory Smoke and Antique Linen. After the paper was dry, 
I cut out the image and touched the edges 

I die cut the Stitched Squares out of the Black Cardstock and placed 
over the embossed panel making a frame. 
 die cut the Stay Strong sentiment from the same paper I used 
for my background and used the same black cardstock to show the letters.
The sentiment and gentleman were adhered with 3D dots. 




Products used: